M14 Battle Rifle
5 bodyshots, 4 headshots
|Magazine Size||20 (standard), 30 (extended), 50 (drum).|
7.62 x 51mm NATO
|Rate of Fire||
Helicopter crash sites, military tents, military buildings, etc.
The M14 Battle Rifle is a selective-fire battle rifle in Apocalypse Rising, chambered in the 7.62 x 51mm NATO bullet. It appears as a long barreled black rifle. It is top tier in the range category and can snipe at about the range of 300 studs (tested against windows) and lands a headshot at about the range of four union squares and is often compared with the Mk 17. This gun is one of the rarest in the game. When it is found, it is normally near a helicopter crash. The gun looks similar to the M1 Garand, except it is black in color. The gun's ADS accuracy is tied for first best in the game, along with the Mosin-Nagant. The M14 is the closest thing to a sniper rifle in apocalypse rising. To make it most effective as a marksman's rifle, you place an ACOG or SUSAT sight as the optic. Then you give it a foregrip to minimize recoil, and it is suggested you add an suppressor to make yourself harder to locate. It can take underbarrel attachments, the 7.62 suppressor and various weapon sights. It can take 20, 30 and 50 (drum) magazines.
The M14's firing mode is preset to semi-automatic, but can be changed to fully automatic or burst fire. When set to full auto, it has a very high fire rate of 700-750 rpm, which is surprising for this gun, considering its sniping ability. Because of its fire rate, it actually outperforms the Mk-17 in CQC.
Kin's Sniper Hill
Where the M14's long range best excels at is Kin's Sniper Hill. It's a great place to snipe because it's high and far, so that bandits will have a hard time sniping you. But you can snipe them. Just get a grip and an ACOG. Plus, becoming a hero or bandit would be easier if you could snipe players from this far. They won't be able to shoot back.
- This was the last American battle rifle that did not need the involvement of other countries.
- The M14 rifle was designed in 1954.
- This gun was used in the Vietnam War.
- A civilian version of the gun, the M1A, was originally going to be added in the game, but was canceled.
- Arguably the most accurate battle rifle in the game. May not have the best stats, but people love it.
- A popular argument usually is that the best sniper in the game is either the M14 with a SUSAT scope or an M14 with an ACOG scope.
- It resembles the M1 Garand, except it's black in color. This due to the fact that, in reality, the M14 is really just an improvement of the M1 Garand system.